Silly Photography

Sometimes I have a tendency to squeeze every ounce of fun out of my life because I want it to be perfect. So I will work so hard at it that it's not fun for me, or anyone else.
Today, I was determined to get out my flash and get all set up as an off-camera flash. Because I am positive that if I could just get that to work my photos will be great! (I've been saying that for five years for whatever I think is the missing puzzle piece.) Meanwhile, life keeps moving forward and I want to throw my camera away monthly because my pictures don't look like the blogs I see all over the place. I'm sure it's just around the bend if I could only have a _______. (Fill this blank in with my latest cure.)
Well, I took a few photos. It wasn't going very well. I took a few more. I ordered something off Amazon to put on my flash. But it won't be here for two days. Now what?
And something crazy happened. Brooks asked me what I was doing and I said I'm trying to get this flash to work. He jumped in front of it and said "Take a picture of me." So I did. Then Dacee got in. The flash was pointing right at them, full strength and so we decided that they should keep their eyes closed. I kept taking pictures. Call me crazy, but it was fun. That's right I had fun and the flash worked just fine. I think maybe it's time to have more fun! Not the perfect kind either because I'm finally learning that perfection isn't fun most of the time.


Comments

Popular Posts