A letter to myself

I want to remember. Everything. I want to record all the fun, crazy, chaotic life that I live right now. Today. The way my life is at this exact moment. I want to say what I think. I want to tell it how it is for us. How my kids are everything to me. How much my husband loves me, and takes care of us, and shows our kids how a father should be. How wonderful it is to live the life we have. And how different every single day is. I want to remember that our days are not perfect. Not even close. I want to remember the Sundays when our little boys didn't even make it to the opening prayer before we had to take them out, or they tossed a wadded up program over the bench in front of us, or a car, so I can laugh when I see a young mother wrestling her own child in the bench in front of me. And never ever say, "My children never acted like that!" I want to remember the long car rides and Braley chanting "Are we there yet?" Driving us all crazy. And then Brooks finally saying, "We will stop when we get there!", and everyone laughing. Or when Dacee turned to me and said, "This guy must be really tired. And he doesn't really sound that great", while Aerosmith was singing a song about never sleeping because he would miss too much. I want to remember because this is going all too fast. They are growing up and I haven't written it down like I wanted to. Because sometimes I'm afraid to say what I think. Because I might not say it right. Because I might not use a comma in the right place. I know, silly. This is our wonderful, fun, crazy, and chaotic life. I want to remember how blessed we are and that this is a once in a lifetime chance. I want to write it down to remind myself everyday that this is real and all the imperfections make life better, and to stop waiting for the perfect day so I can finally write it down or take the perfect picture. Life is so good, and I want to remember.

Comments

Drew and Alicia said…
You know those times where you totally get what someone is saying whole heartedly and you want to shout AMEN SISTER! Well...AMEN SISTER!

Popular Posts