Happy B-day Sweet little Noah...AKA Big Tuna



I'm sure that this nickname isn't as well known as his other more appropriate (kidding) nickname of NOMO. When this guy appeared 4 weeks early we of course didn't have a name for him. For some reason, names that we both agreed on were harder and harder to find the more kids we had. So in the craziness that followed, a name was low on the list. In fact right after he was born, Brad gave him a blessing and we called him Braedon. We had talked about that name but decided it was too close to Braley and since they were only 15 months apart, it would be weird. Turns out, Heavenly Father knew who he was and it's ok that we used the wrong name. PHEW!

Anyway, we put all the possibilities on the whiteboard in the NICU and let everybody vote. Jonah, Noah, Moses, Isaiah, and Braedon. I really liked the name Jonah, but it was to close to the Jonas brothers for me. Then CJ and Peyton started calling him Big Tuna in honor of Jonah and the whale. And it just stuck. I don't personally call him that, but I love that the cousins do.

It seems that no matter what name we come up with, right at first, I'm not sure that we picked the right one.  But gradually they grow into the name or the name becomes them, or something happens. I'm not sure how to write it, but pretty soon they fill the name up with personality that just makes it fit. And he does. Noah does.


This sweet little baby is two, full of life and love and silliness. And I couldn't think of a better name for the little guy who makes up the five spot in our family!

Comments

Drew and Alicia said…
Sweet is a very good word to describe Noah. I can't believe he is 2!

Popular Posts