Braley and Camera Love


Last week I decided that it was time to clean my camera. I took it in, they cleaned it, I brought it home. Great. Of course I had to try it out see if it was working any better. Because I'm sure that getting better photos has nothing to do with the person operating the camera. It's all about the camera. Right?

I wasn't really thinking of anything spectacular, I was just snapping mindless photos of stuff. Pretty soon Braley starts pointing out things to snap photos of. Like, her gum. Her tongue, and then her shirt. Of course after every picture she would run to the camera and say, "ME!" And if she could see her face, she would try to recreate the expression she had used in the photo.

I guess when she ran out of things on herself, she thought quick and started dragging in her toys. It was funny though, she had specific parts of the toys that she wanted pictures of. I noticed a trend with feet. She likes those. Her stroller we took from all angles. Wheels, belts, the visor. And then I guess she wanted to be included in the pictures again and she got creative with the stroller.

I thought of the pictures as "practice" shots. Nothing to blog about. But when I downloaded them I was surprised to see something completely different. These toys will someday be distant memories. Maybe not even remembered. But right now, these are her playmates. She pushes them around in her broken little stroller, with her pink princess purse swinging from the handles.When the wheel falls off, we just put it back on and off she goes again. I find them wrapped up like mummies, and stuffed in the Lego bucket, or sometimes in the kitchen cupboards. She tells me to "Shhh, babies sleeping." Sometimes there isn't enough room on her pillow for her because they all have to be lined up just so.

Someday she won't want to play with dolls. I'm glad I got a few photos of the days when she did.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love the picture of Braley peeking above the stroller. Wow -Cheryl

Popular Posts