We Have Monsters.

   I know, crazy. Have I ever actually seen one of the monsters that live here? No. But they must. I know this because Dacee sleeps on my floor every night. So I have to assume that the monsters live in her room. When this all started a few months ago, we had three to four kids in our bed every night. Let me tell you, there didn’t seem to be a whole lot of sleeping going on.
   In our effort to end this habit Brad told the kids, Brooks and Dacee, that there would be a blanket at the side of the bed. They could sleep there if they had to. I thought for sure this would end it. The monsters would move out. I guess young little bodies don’t mind cold hard floors. I would rather be eaten by a monster than sleep on the floor.
   Last night I think the monsters were having a party and kept everyone up. It went something like this. Braley woke up just before ten. So she was in our bed when I went to bed. Not much later, Dacee came running in. Brad said that he would go lay by her. Great. He turned the hall light on, which made Braley think that she could get up and roam around. Monsters don’t bother her.
   Every once in a while she would come in and get back in bed. Then she would leave again. This went on for a long time. Why? Because I thought that Brad was coming back soon, and Braley would stay in bed. So as I drifted in and out of sleep, the phone started to ring. And when the phone rings at midnight it just can’t be good. I jumped out of bed because if one more child woke up, well you know. I met Brad coming out of Dacee’s room with the same dazed look that was on my face. When I picked up the phone the caller ID said it was Marler, Brad. What? Our cell phone….Braley! I went back to my room and found Braley with the phone. So, if she called any of you last night, take it up with the monsters that live under Dacee’s bed! (Oh yeah, and I’m really sorry.)

P.S. Brooks did end up sleeping in our bed last night. By the time he woke up, we were just too tired to care.

Comments

Katy said…
I told my kids that monsters don't like to come to our house because I eat them. I don't know why but it seems to work.
Deanna said…
You know you wouldn't rather be eaten by a monster...you'd just make Katy sleep on the floor in front of the door!

Popular Posts