Love and popcorn


Anybody that knows Brad, knows that he loves popcorn. A lot. Not caramel corn, or cheese or any other flavoring. Just salt and butter. He loves popcorn. And when he makes popcorn he always asks if I want some so he can make plenty.  So last night, we were eating a bowl of popcorn and watching TV together when he says to me, “You eat really fast, it makes me feel like I have to eat fast.” I don’t think that I eat fast, but whatever. So I started to eat really slow. Of course, he acted like he didn’t notice. Then after a few seconds he said, “Why don’t you show me, and don’t eat any.” Now this is where it gets good….
Flash back about ten years when we were sweet little newlyweds. Another of Brad’s favorites is to use a potato peeler and slice a potato thin and cook them really crispy on the outside. Anybody that knows me, knows that I pick at food while it is being prepared and I just can’t help myself. So as the potatoes were getting brown and crispy I was picking at them and eating them. Brad kept saying to stop it, and I kept doing it. I really didn’t think it was a big deal, until Brad said, “If you do that again, I’m not going to eat any of it.” Come on, really? So I did it again. And do you know what, he didn’t eat any of the potatoes. I have to say that I laughed then, and I still laugh about it. He didn’t laugh then, and last night was the first time I have ever heard him joke about it. It still bugs him, just a little.
OK, now back to last night. When we eat popcorn, we usually need something to drink. Sometimes we drink soda. I don’t need a whole soda, just a sip and I’m good. So in my mind, why not share one can with Brad instead of wasting a whole can minus a sip. So I reached over, took a sip of soda and I was done. I tried to explain to Brad the logic of it and that this was a good compromise. He wants to know what I compromised. I got a sip, he got less soda. Hmmm, good question. Afterward, I told him I was going to blog about this. And he said, please do. And now I have. See, I told you I would.

Comments

Shandy said…
heeee! I can just imagine this scenario!
and girl,i am SO with you on just "needing a sip" of soda and being satisfied. I think it bothers John too - LOL

Popular Posts